We are delighted to announce that Ag Challenge has been approved as a Signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students.
The Code sets standards for education providers to ensure that:
- high professional standards are maintained
- the recruitment of international students is undertaken in an ethical and responsible manner
- information supplied to international students is comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date
- students are provided with information prior to entering into any commitments
- contractual dealings with international students are conducted in an ethical and responsible manner
- the particular needs of international students are recognised
- international students are in safe accommodation
- all providers have fair and equitable internal procedures for the resolution of international student grievances.
For more information on Ag Challenge courses please call +64 6 348 8215 or email email@example.com
Ag Challenge has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Copies of the Code are available from the NZQA website at ww.nzqa.govt.nz.
Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements, are available from Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.
Eligibility for Health Services
Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at www.moh.govt.nz.
The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at www.acc.co.nz.
Medical and Travel Insurance
International students (including group students) must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.