Construction, Carpentry & Allied Trades
Do you like building things, or taking things apart? How about working with power tools and wood?
We’re always building stuff in New Zealand! New housing, commercial buildings, fencing, decking and all sorts of project work.
Builders and Property Developers are prefer to hire skilled and qualified trades’ people as apprentices, employees or as independent contractors.
Our Level 2 to Level 4 options provide a pathway to becoming a qualified Apprentice. Included is genuine work experience with local Building & Construction companies.
Students can learn
- Basic health and safety which can be applied to any job
- How to use hand and power tools
- How to work with timber machining equipment
- How to measure up a project for materials and cost
- Prepare footings and pour concrete slab
- House framing, roofing, flooring and interior walls
- Scaffolding and regulations
- Reading and using building plans
- How to put up a fence and gate, build a deck, retain a wall
- Alterations to existing buildings
- Insulation requirements
- Painting and decorating products and how to apply
- And more!
Jobs for graduates
- Builders Apprentice
- Junior builder
- Hammer hand
- Brush hand
- Painter Decorator